How to Convert Outlook Mails (OST) to PST? Outlook Mails Backup
Differences In Disk Printing Materials In offline (Cached Exchange) mode, Microsoft Outlook saves all Exchange mailbox data in a local file called OST. When the Exchange association is re-established, the transformations made by the user in offline mode are updated to the server mailbox.
Because the OST file is stored on the user’s PC, it is unaffected by Exchange Server crashes and disasters, mailbox deletions, and so on. As a result, in such cases, Exchange administrators and the end-users can employ OST files to restore user mailbox data.
Here we have listed effective Manual methods for you and a professional approach using Microsoft OST to PST Converter. The tool is entirely safe and highly advised by experts in this field. But before that, let us know the reasons for converting Outlook OST to PST.
The OST and PST are well-known data files used to save user data. MS Outlook uses both files OST and PST to determine the result of Outlook data files by account settings. If you configure the account using IMAP, Outlook will create an OST file to store data. Outlook uses a PST data file if the account is configured with a pop.
Reasons to Convert OST File to PST
The following reasons are given below for converting the OST file to PST:
- Several Exchange mailboxes get removed from the server.
- You had like to back up a few Exchange mailboxes.
- An Exchange user wishes to rebuild his OST file, but he has some unsaved data in the Outlook file OST.
- EDB files are unavailable owing to Exchange corruption, server crash, and other factors, and users need their emails immediately.
How do I convert an OST to PST for free?
Previously, we discussed various reasons to convert OST files to PST. Now we’ll look at how to export emails from OST manually.
Manual Methods of Export Emails from OST
After the given reason, now we will discuss the manual methods of exporting emails from the Outlook OST file, which is listed below:-
- How to Export Mailbox as a PST File
- Using the Archive to Save OST Emails to PST
- Convert OST File to PST file Using Professional Software
Method 1: How to Export Outlook Mailbox as a PST File
- First, Login Outlook using a Microsoft Exchange account.
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Select the Open & Export icon and then Import & Export tab.
- Choose Export to a file from the choose an action to perform menu, then click the Next button.
- Now, pick Outlook data file (.pst) from the create a file type drop-down menu and press the Next button.
- Select the folder you wish to export and hit the Next button.
- Set the file’s path and also prefer to not export duplicate items.
- In the end, click the Finish button.
Earlier, We discussed the method of exporting mailboxes to a PST file viewer. If this method does not work for some users, they should use a different way of an archive to save OST emails to PST.
Method 2: Using the Archive to Save OST Emails to PST
- First, Start Microsoft Outlook.
- Navigate to the File
- Select Advanced from the Options menu.
- Now, choose the Auto Archive option.
- After that, set the number of days for the Auto Archive to run.
- At last, Enter the address and press the OK button.
As above methods of archiving to save OST emails to PST are discussed. If the user finds any difficulty to perform the manual methods, we have a professional method to convert Outlook OST to PST.
Limitations of Outlook Backup File
The following Limitations are given below of Outlook backup file:
- High risk of data loss.
- It takes a long time to complete the process.
- Difficult to perform the process
- Chances of OST file cannot be repaired
Recently, We discussed the limitations of Outlook backup files by using manual methods in the simple steps. Now, we tell you how to convert OST to PST using third-party software.
Method 3: Convert OST Outlook Files to PST file Using Professional Software
Here are various methods to convert an OST file to PST, without any data loss. It works expertly and supports in avoiding corruption. And, if you are searching for a tool that works effectively on your system, then third-party software is perfect. Using the third-party tool Microsoft OST to PST Converter Tool is the most profitable method. It is the best one-stop solution for accurate solutions.
In the end, as we tell you, there are multiple techniques of converting Outlook OST to PST. To simplify such a problem, we introduced both manual and professional methods. As we discussed, the first manual processes with their restrictions. Then, we introduced the automated technique recommended by IT professionals. I hope your issue regarding How can I convert an OST File to a PST file is fixed now.